Many people wonder how to ensure a practical layout of kitchen appliances and furniture. This allows you to streamline your work on preparing meals and quickly find the necessary products and items. If you want your kitchen to be neat and tidy, know the practical rules that allow you to take care of the ergonomics. This way you can gain valuable time while cooking
What is kitchen ergonomics?
Kitchen ergonomics is the intuitive arrangement of objects and appliances in a room. This way, you don’t waste time moving around surfaces and going in circles looking for the things you need. If you are concerned that your kitchen lacks ergonomics, reorganize your space
The very concept of ergonomics dates back to the 19th century. It was then that a Pole – Bogumił Jastrzębowski started to apply it in nature. Today the principles of ergonomics are used to adjust the arrangement of all kinds of devices, tools and spaces to the individual needs and requirements of humans based on their physicality and psychology. If you want to arrange your space ergonomically, use specially tailored equipment, machines and desks. Above all, pay attention to the spectrum of possibilities of a particular room, in this case the kitchen. An ergonomic space guarantees comfort for all household members. In this way, you can count on increased efficiency and productivity during the daily preparation of meals
What are the characteristics of ergonomic kitchens?
- they have the right lighting and heating system,
- they’re the right size for individual needs and the number of people in the household,
- the right layout guarantees freedom of movement,
- the occupants can enjoy the right furniture
Ergonomic principles in the kitchen
Ergonomics in the kitchen have a huge impact on our productivity and motivation to prepare food. This makes it much easier for us to take care of a proper diet. Applying the principles of an ergonomic kitchen will be a big help for you especially when organizing parties and holiday preparations. With a well-organized room, even long hours of work will become a pleasure.
>> Yellow in interiors – what to combine it with?
If we want to know the principles of ergonomics in the kitchen, we must realize that these are not rigidly accepted rules. First of all, these are practical tips related to the stage of designing and decorating the interior, which will make the room will not only look aesthetically pleasing, but also allow for efficient arrangement of all the most necessary items and equipment. First of all, it is necessary to obtain an answer to the question, what arrangement of individual appliances and furniture will be optimal for you. It is important to pay attention to the layout of the built-in, the location of the sink, the distribution of household appliances, the height and depth of the countertop and the cabinets and drawers. You should also take care of adequate lighting.
5 zones in the kitchen
Separate the 5 zones in your kitchen at the design stage. This will ensure excellent organization and practical placement of necessary items, appliances and furniture
- Zone I is the place for supplies. This is where you should place the refrigerator, freezer and cabinets for other food products. The best thing to do when arranging the zones is to make sure that the supplies are right next to the door. This way, you don’t have to worry about extra lifting of products and carrying them across the room after shopping;
- Zone II is the place for storage. In this arrangement, the cabinets, which are located just behind the refrigerator, should be used to collect all kinds of equipment in the form of small appliances, cutlery, plates and pots. Bet also on the upper cabinets, where you will hide plates, bowls and cups;
- Zone III is the place for washing up. Next, place the sink and dishwasher. Don’t forget to set aside space for a wastebasket, preferably in a pull-out drawer;
- Zone IV is the space where you will take care of the preparation of products before serving or heat treatment. This will ensure convenient cutting and stirring, which will be provided by a wide worktop. Always have knives and boards on hand in this zone;
- Zone V is the space for cooking. At the very end of the development it’s time to place the oven, hob and microwave. This is where you take care of preparing and heating food. An essential element of the zone remains the hood, which absorbs unpleasant smells